Amoeba (1 oz)

Be the first to review this product

Availability: In Stock.

$18.00
Bookmark and Share

Quick Overview

For relief of symptoms
   

Amoeba (1 oz)

Details

For relief of symptoms related to amoeba infestation. Amoebiasis is a parasitic infection caused by Entamoeba histolytica. It is usually contracted by ingesting water or food contaminated with amoebic cysts. Amoebiasis is an intestinal infection that may or may not be symptomatic. When symptoms are present, it is generally known as invasive amoebiasis. Amoebiasis is usually transmitted by contamination of drinking water and foods with fecal matter, but it can also be transmitted indirectly through contact with dirty hands or objects as well as by sexual intercourse. Most infected people, perhaps 90%, are asymptomatic, but this disease has the potential to make the sufferer dangerously ill, and it is estimated by WHO that about 70,000 people die annually worldwide. Infections can sometimes last for years. Symptoms take from a few days to a few weeks to develop and manifest themselves, but usually it is about two to four weeks. Symptoms can range from mild diarrhea to dysentery with blood and mucus. The blood comes from amoebae invading the lining of the intestine. In about 10% of invasive cases the amoebae enter the bloodstream and may travel to other organs in the body. Most commonly this means the liver, as this is where blood from the intestine reaches first, but they can end up almost anywhere. Onset time is highly variable and the average asymptomatic infection persists for over a year. It is theorized that the absence of symptoms or their intensity may vary with such factors as strain of amoeba, immune response of the host, and perhaps associated bacteria and viruses.

Additional Information

Preparation Liquid
SKU 99183-139
Brand Deseret Biologicals

Video